Walnut Hill Canned Food Drive
It’s Happening Now!
October 7th thru October 25th
Help Walnut Hill Elementary Feed Hungry Children
Walnut Hill Elementary is collecting food for the North Texas Food Bank. The North Texas Food Bank provides access to more than 200,000 meals each day for hungry children, seniors, and families across a 13-county service area! Please bring any items below to your classroom during October 7-25 to show our awesome character at Walnut Hill!
Most Needed Items
- Low-sodium canned vegetables
- Canned fruit (in juice)
- Canned chicken or tuna
- Dry or canned beans
- Whole grain pasta or brown rice
- Peanut butter
Did you know?
- One in every four kids in North Texas is food insecure – more than 300,000 children.
- NTFB distributed weekend backpacks to 12,000 chronically hungry elementary students at more than 380 schools through the Food 4 Kids program.
- When you donate $1 to NTFB you are helping to provide access to 3 meals for those in need.
Students who wish to participate should bring the food items they are donating to school and place them in the box provided in their classroom Monday thru Friday starting October 7th, or donate directly to the North Texas Food Bank using the button below.
The Walnut Hill Minions will also be collecting food donations at the Winter Wonderland event. They will be handing out free cookies for each food donation at the Winter Wonderland. If you would like to join the Minions in fighting against childhood hunger in North Texas, but are unable to attend the Winter Wonderland, you may contribute monetarily to their food drive through their donations page.